Chewy Buttermilk Biscuits (Yield: 14 biscuits)
The less you knead the dough, the lighter it is!
- 2 cups flour
- 2½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 5 tbsp chilled butter, cut into small pieces
- ¾ cup fat-free buttermilk
- 3 tbsp honey
- Preheat oven to 400ºF.
- Combine flour, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl. Add butter and and cut using a pastry blender until it is fully incorporated. Place in the refrigerator to chill for 10 minutes.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the buttermilk and honey until well blended. Combine the wet and dry ingredients, stirring just until it is fully incorporated.
- Place dough on a lightly floured surface and dust lightly with additional flour. Roll out until it is ½ inch thick and then fold it into thirds. Dust surface of dough lightly with flour again and re-roll until it is ½ inch thick. Lastly, fold into thirds again and roll out the dough until it is now ¾ inch thick.
- Cut biscuits using a ¾ inch biscuit cutter. Place biscuits onto a baking tray lined with parchment paper and bake for 12 minutes or until golden brown.
Happy Holidays from Hunger Actions 🙂