Breakfast: “We’d Make a Great Pear” Fruit & Yogurt Parfait
Running late? This quick and easy parfait is the perfect breakfast for you. You can even take it on the go! This recipe can also be quick snack during the day.
- 2 cups low fat plain yogurt
- 2 cups fresh sliced pears or honeydew
- 1 cup granola
- 2 tbsp honey
- Layer 2 spoonfuls of yogurt, each into 4 separate serving cups. Add a layer of granola as well as a layer of fruit on top.
- Repeat layering the yogurt, granola, and fruit, and drizzle some honey in between the layers to taste.
Lunch: “Words Cannot Express Hummus I Love U” Hummus Dip
This next recipe is ideal for those who don’t like washing the dishes. This dip is simple, yet tasty! Just dip and eat away!
- 1 can garbanzo beans, drained
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Puree garbanzo beans, lemon juice, olive oil, garlic, cumin and salt together in a food processor. Serve with fresh veggies and pita bread!
Dinner: “Hugs & Quiches” Quiche (4 servings)
What looks like pie, but is nutritious and equally as scrumptious? Quiche! This effortless recipe will have you craving for seconds!
- ½ a small onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 large Roma tomato
- 5-6 leaves fresh basil, chopped
- ½ cup mozzarella, shredded
- 5 large eggs
- ¾ cup milk
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350℉. Lightly grease an 8 inch pie pan and set aside.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat and cook onion and garlic under tender, for about 5 minutes. Remove from pan and set aside in a medium-sized bowl.
- Remove and discard the juices and seeds from the tomato and dice. Add the chopped tomato into the bowl with the onions and garlic.
- Add chopped basil into bowl and mix well. Spoon mixture evenly onto the pie pan and top with mozzarella. Set aside.
- In a bowl, mix the eggs and milk until fully incorporated. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour egg mixture evenly on top of the cheese. *optional: You can gently top the quiche with sliced tomatoes as a topping.
- Bake in the oven for 40-50 minutes or until slightly golden brown at the top and fully cooked throughout. cool for 10 minutes before serving.