Breakfast: “You Are My Soy-mate” Soy-based Smoothie
Substituting soy milk – which is high in essential fatty acids, vitamins, and fiber – is a fantastic way to add a nutritious element to an already tasty drink!
- 1 ripe banana
- 2 cups strawberries
- ¼ cup fresh kale
- 1 cup soy milk
- 2 tbsp honey (optional)
- In a blender, combine ingredients and puree until smooth. Serve with an optional drizzle of honey
Lunch: “I Yam In Love With You” Yam Fries (3-4 servings)
Like the healthy potato wedges we featured in yesterday’s blog post, baked yam fries are a great substitute for fast food! Satisfy your cravings with this nourishing recipe!
- 2 large yams or sweet potatoes
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
- Preheat oven to 425ºF
- Cut sweet potatoes into wedges
- Combine the spices together. Toss the wedges in olive oil and then toss them in the spice mixture, making sure each wedge is evenly coated
- Bake for 30 minutes, turning them over once halfway through.
Dinner: “Udon Know How Much You Mean To Me” Udon Noodles Stir Fry
This hearty meal is full of a variety of flavours and uses only simple ingredients that you can easily find in your pantry!
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- ¼ pound chicken breast, thinly sliced
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- ½ a red pepper, thinly sliced
- ½ a green pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 small carrot, thinly sliced
- 1 tsp ginger, minced
- 4 tbsp low-sodium soy sauce
- ¼ cup water
- 300g frozen udon noodles
- In a medium pot, boil half a pot of water. Add in frozen noodles to the boiling water. Stir the noodles until they completely separate. Drain noodles and rinse in cold water. Set aside.
- In a skillet, heat 1 tbsp of olive oil over moderately high heat. Add chicken, stir-fry until white. Set aside.
- Heat another 1 tbsp of olive oil in skillet over high heat. Add in veggies, ginger, soy sauce, and water. Stir-fry until veggies are ready.
- Add noodles and chicken, stir and cook for about 2 more minutes.